Sunday 13 September 2009

he would make a lovely corpse


In an attempt at being more organised, dare I say it I purchased my 09/10 academic diary the other day. A relatively significant event on my calendar, followed by a less than significant lunch alone, in Worcester. Quite the thrill seeker, I'm sure you can tell. So yes, my diary is full of quotes which since my uneventful lunch have voided many a quarter of an hour. I thought I would share a few with you here, those which I thought were particuarly poignant to me anyway. I shall scatter them about, depending on what seems particuarly pertinent on any given day. Emerson is without a shadow of a doubt one of my all time favourite philosophers, his words are constant pearls of wisdom. Everything he says seems so resonant in my life somehow
"I like the silent church before the service begins, better than any preaching."

No comments:

Post a Comment