Tuesday 23 February 2010

I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart: I am, I am, I am


Having felt uninspired for the past two weeks, despite my efforts, Plath's quote below went some way in pulling me out of my melancholiness. The deaths of both J.D Salinger, who I quote frequently on this blog and of Alexander McQueen have invoked a mournful start to 2010, for myself and undoubtedly millions of others, also. Both unequoivcally inspiring and seminal, the worlds of literature & fashion will never be quite the same. Salinger and McQueen have inspired me no end in both fields, as has Plath whose work I have been drawn to of late. Coincidentally, both McQueen and Plath died on February 11th, albeit of different years. The picture included was part of McQueen's Spring '07 collection and one of my personal favourites of his work's.

No comments:

Post a Comment