Monday 5 October 2009

I almost wish we were butterflies and lived but three summer days
















I would love to be a director of photography. At the age of fifteen whilst watching Sofia Coppola's film adaption of Jeffrey Eugenides' The Virgin Suicides, I was so encapsulated by one particular shot of the Lisbon house; the light was captured so magnificently and since that point I have always sort of thought of it as a dream job, it is something I could really see myself being inspired by. Greig Fraser, director of photography on Bright Star seems to have done an amazing job, above are some of the shots he took throughout filming. Kudos Greig! (I'm sure my approval means a great deal) Quite paradoxically, in addition to war photography for which I expressed my ardour in an earlier post, I too adore and have been moved by photos of idyllic topography and so I love these shots by Greig even more on those grounds. We are now in the midst of autumn, undoubtedly my favourite season and also the best time for capturing some really good topographical photos. (Note to self, buy a decent camera!)
Ps. I should probably say at this point that I named my blog Bright Star after the Keats sonnet and not the film based on the relationship between Keats and Fanny Brawne. However, you can imagine my excitement at a film about Keats, starring Ben Whishaw who is without a doubt, my favourite actor. Infact, I think my first post may have been about Mr Whishaw himself. Anyway, enjoy the pictures and the film! Due for release November 11th I do believe. You can see le trailer at http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/brightstar/


Love Charlotte
x

1 comment:

  1. the movie has entranced me as well! the acting, directing, cinematography, PHOTOGRAPHY, and the soundtrack (which i have downloaded as well! best film of 2009 i'd say, along with "An Education"!

    ReplyDelete